Students must submit an application for honors, have a Psychology GPA of 3.5 or above at the time the application is reviewed, plus one of the following:
1. Enrollment in PSY 495/496 with a research project focused on a topic related to psychology. Verification from 495/496 instructor is required.
2. Enrollment in PSY 393, PSY 394, or PSY 395 with research topic related to psychology and a public presentation of a research study at scientific conference, UK’s Undergraduate Research Showcase, or other significant presentational event approved by the Director of Undergraduate Studies. Presentation could be oral or a poster, but student must be the first author and the primary presenter. Verification from PSY 393/394/395 instructor is required.
3. Enrollment in PSY 499 along with a public presentation of the approved project or research at UK’s Psych Honors Day, UK’s Undergraduate Showcase or other significant presentational event approved by the Director of Undergraduate Studies. Verification from PSY 499 instructor is required.
4. Publication of psychological research in a peer-reviewed scientific journal. Student must be listed as one of the authors. Verification from psychology faculty research mentor for the project is required attesting that the student made substantial contributions to the publication.
* Application for honors must be submitted through the Psychology Majors Canvas page by March 20 (May and August degrees) or October 20 (December degree).